Microsoft Office can be accessed through cracks and glitches, but today we shall discuss How to use Microsoft Office for free in a legal manner.
Microsoft Office is pretty much embedded in our daily lifestyle for various works from preparing documents, presentations to spreadsheets for both students and professional workers. Some people, might not want to or afford the subscription fee for Microsoft Office, so here are some of the ways in which you can install Microsoft Office without any charge.
How to use Microsoft Office for free
Method 1: To Use Free Office Web Apps
- Visit the website of Office. It has Excel, Word and PowerPoint etc. Go to office.com.
- Scroll and select the Office Program you want to use.
- Sign in with your personal or work Microsoft email. You can create an account for free if
you don’t have it.
- Use the program accordingly. A mobile version is to differ from a desktop version when it
comes to advanced features.
- Since the web apps do not save automatically, make sure to save at every interval in File
and “Save as.”
- Now, upload the documents to OneDrive storage to open with web apps. Either use the
OneDrive app on your phone or use onedrive.live.com in the desktop version.
Method 2: Use Office Trial
- Use the trial for one month to access Office 365. It is the only version with a free trial
available. You will start getting charged from the second month and you will also require
a credit or debit card for access. You can unsubscribe before the end period of one
month for no charge.
- Go to the official website of Office and click products.office.com/try to start with a trial
- Select “Try 1-Month Free”.
- Create or log in with your Microsoft account.
- Enter your card details, debit or credit.
- Download the Office 365 installer.
- After downloading it, run it once. Choose the products you want to install. You can select
the unselected ones later if you want.
- Go to the start menu and run your newly installed Office Programs
Method 3: Using Office Mobile Apps
- Download the said app on your Android or iOS device. The free versions will give basic
features while a subscription gives advanced features.
- Let the apps access your device storage.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account so that you can connect to OneDrive.
- Select “Open” to open files stored in various locations. (Downloaded, Google Drive,
- Select “New” to open new documents, use the buttons at top for formatting, and select
“Save” for saving.
You can also use some other ways to access Microsoft office for free:
- Use Office in a browser, completely free. Go to Office.com and sign in. Click on your
preferred icon to open the web version.
- If you are a student or teacher, many educational institutions offer Office 365 for free. Go
fice and check if your school participates or not by typing in the email of the school.
- You can share with someone close to you in the Home plan version. Microsoft Home 365
allows five participants and the main owner sends an invitation link.
- Use other alternatives like Libre Office, Apple iWork, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides.
Also, Read | How to install Windows 11