Table of Contents
We have already discussed how to install Windows 11 with the leaked iso file. But today we discuss how to install windows 11 using the Windows Insider Program.
Microsoft officially revealed Windows 11 on 24th June, 2021 with new features and edges. It is yet to give an official date about the launch of Windows 11 though it officially spoke about how it will be revealed through upgradation of Windows 10 PCs and new PCs from the beginning of the holidays.
The Windows 11 Insider Preview is to launch early by 28th June 2021 but it will be only available to Windows Insiders who are basically the beta users who are to receive the early Windows 11 structure for testing, notifications, and providing feedback to the tech giant.
How to install Windows 11 using Windows Insider Program
1. You can join the Windows Insider Program to access and download Windows 11 earlier. For that, all you have to do is:
- Head to the signup page of the Windows Insider Program. Click Here.
- Enter the email that you use for other Microsoft services.
- Select and accept all the terms and conditions and you will be all ready.
You are required to update Windows frequently, experience loss of bandwidth because of the space Windows 11 is likely to take, and data loss or corruption.
2. You now need to check all the requirements of hardware for your Windows 11. You can install the app PC Health Check App to understand the eligibility of your setup but it is still not 100% foolproof.
Your PC would need the minimum requirement for 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage,
1GHz or faster two or more cores processor on a 64-bit processor, minimum of 720p
display with 8 bits per color channel.
The graphic card needs to have compatibility with DirectX12 with the latest version of the WDDM 2.0 driver.
Your system would require the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 with the system firmware to be Secure Boot capable inside of the BIOS of the system.
3. Once you are registered for the Windows Insider Program, go to Settings> Update & Security> Windows Insider Program. Click Close and then select ‘Link and account’. Choose your preferred account and select ‘Continue.
There will be multiple channels: Beta, Dev, Release Preview channel.
- The Dev channel is meant for developers with the latest code but unstable build and has some blocked key functionalities.
- Beta Channel is meant for early users. This is the most popular and reliable channel.
- The Release Preview channel has all the necessary builds and key functionalities but won’t be available as early as Dev or Beta channels.
Select your channel and read the terms and conditions before selecting confirm. To receive the channel updates, click “Restart.” After restarting the computer, go to “Windows Insider Program” from “Settings.” You will see your selected channel along with Windows 11 preview build.
Microsoft is going to optimize and edit Windows 11 into a more polished version of its predecessor. There will be additions as well as subtractions or optimizations. It is always advisable to use a secondary medium to test out the Windows 11 that meets the requirements or wait for the holidays to roll in before you get your hold on it.