If you do possess a knack for photography or who likes his shots to be more dynamic with wide angles and more expansion, a gimbal is an ideal tool for that purpose.
What is a gimbal? In short, a gimbal is a pivoted stabilizer that uses three axes to gain rotation of an object on the axes. It not only gives more dynamic to your photos but also adds stabilization and smoothness to your shots.
Here we have some of the top smartphone gimbals that are best suited for your DSLR/Mirrorless Cameras in 2021 in India.
Best Smartphone Gimbals
|GIMBALS||DJI Osmo Mobile 3||Zhiyun Smooth 4||MOZA Mini S||Feiyu tech vlog pocket||Hohem iSteady X||DIGITEK DSG 005||Xmate Cruise||Clavier Moza Mini Mi||Osaka 3-Axis||DJI OM 4||Zhiyun|
179 x 39 x
|150 x 300 x|
|420 x 102 x|
1) DJI Osmo Mobile 3 Handheld Smartphone Gimbal
It is sleek and foldable with 3 axes, weighing 405g with a folded size of 157×130×46 mm and a grip angle of 15°. It is compatible with the DJI Mimo app on both Android and iOS. It has a battery capacity of 2500 mAH and comes in standard black color with a Type C USB cable. It has multiple shooting modes like Landscape, Portrait, Panorama, Underslung, Time Lapse, and Sports mode. A wrist strap and storage pouch also comes with the gimbal.
- Sleek and foldable
- It is portable
- Good battery backup
- Useful features when operated with DJI app.
- Good stabilisation.
- Slight overheating while charging
- Practice required to operate Osmo 3 than other non-foldable gimbals.
2) Zhiyun Smooth 4
It comes in dimensions 123 x 105 x 328cm with a weight of 547g. It has a battery capacity of 2000 mAH that runs for approximately 8-12 hours, depending on usage. It has a pan angle range of 300°, a tilt range of 240° and a roll mechanical range of 240°. It comes with a Type C USB cable.
- Fits in any smartphone.
- Good, well-built design.
- Works well with apps like Filmic Pro.
- Good value for money.
- Not easy to carry around.
- Repeated reconnection if you get out of the app.
- The default ZY app doesn’t work for Windows phones.
3) MOZA Mini S
This has a dimension of 130X68X195mm with a weight of 495g. It has a battery capacity of 2200 mAH and a battery life of approximately 8 hours. It is made of aluminum and comes in standard color black. It comes with a standard Type C USB port.
- Good for starters and beginners.
- Good stabilization.
- Not bad built.
- Genie app doesn’t work with some phones.
- Sensitive joystick.
- Needs practice to get the perfect shot.
4) FeiyuTech Vlog Pocket
It supports up to 3.5″ smartphones and has a dimension of 242x91x110 mm weighing around 272g. It has a pan rotation range of 330°. It has a battery capacity of 1300 mAH that supports up to 8-12 hours of usage. It is made out of plastic and comes in the standard black color (India) and USB Type C port.
- Light and portable.
- Small body.
- Perfect for vlogging purposes.
- Not meant for business and professional shoots.
- Not meant for delicate or too intense shots
5) Hohem iSteady X Smartphone Gimbal
It comes with a 3 axes 179 x 39 x 39 mm (Folded) dimension and a weight of 259g. It has a battery capacity of 2000 mAH with a running time of 8 hours approximately. It has a pan rotation range of 320°, roll range of 320°, and tilt range of 270°. It comes with a USB Type C.
- Light and easy to carry around.
- Good for beginners.
- Good for making YouTube videos and reels.
- Jerky videos when trying to take long shots.
- Software requires more optimization.
6) DIGITEK DSG 005 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
It comes in dimensions of 240 x 290 x 130 mm and weighs around 423g. It also has a depth of 140mm. It comes in standard black color, 2500 mAH battery, and with a Type C USB port. It has a joystick, 320° Pan 260° tilt, and 180° roll range. There are two knobsSmartphone Clam Adjustment Knob behind the clamp to hold it in place and Roll Balance Thumbscrew knob to adjust the arm of the gimbal. It is compatible with both Android and iOS. It also comes with a shockproof hard carry case.
- Works well with both Android and iOS.
- Sturdy stabilizer.
- Many camera modes available.
- Not meant for professional developments.
- Lags at times.
7) Xmate Cruise 3 Axis Handheld Smartphone Gimbal
It has a dimension of 320 x 125 x 430 mm and weighs around 390gm. It comes with a 2600 mAH lithium-ion battery that has 8 hours of working hours. It supports smartphones under 6″. It has a high precision Gyroscope with a magnetic-coded dual sensor. It comes with a USB type C port.
- Compatible with iOS and Android.
- Multiple shooting modes.
- Good quality videos.
- Software optimization required.
- Problem with Bluetooth connectivity at times.
8) Clavier Moza Mini Mi Gimbal Stabilizer
It comes in dimension 150 x 300 x 800 mm and weighs around 499g approximately. It comes in standard black color with a battery of 2100 mAH and lasts upto 10 hours. It is the world’s first wireless charging gimbal which uses magnetic coils and inductive charging for wireless charging. It has inception mode, timelapse mode etc. It has 360° axes rotation.
- Supports wireless charging with the said phone.
- Provides 360° axes rotation.
- Budget friendly.
- Cheap quality plastic coating due to low price.
- Cannot balance heavy accessories
9) Osaka 3-Axis Handheld Mobile Gimbal
It comes in dimensions 340 x 160 x 600 mm with a weight of 1.14kg overall with a 2000 mAH battery that lasts 12 hours. It is compatible with iOS and Android. It has a rotation range of: Tilt range 320°, Roll range 320° and pan angle range 360°. It has modes like face tracking, zoom control, APP control, time lapse, motion time lapse and cinematic effects. It is multi moded with pan mode, locking mode, following mode, vertical mode.
- Budget friendly
- Easily switch wide and tele.
- Lightweight and good build quality.
- Doesn’t work with all types of phones.
- Poor battery backup.
10) DJI OM 4
It has a dimension of 163 x 995 x 163 mm with a weight of 500g. It has a battery capacity of 2450 mAH that runs for 15 hours with a Type C USB port. It has a pan tilt of 333.1°, roll range of 334.7° and tilt range of 342°. It works well with both iOS and Android.
- Stronger than DJI oms 3
- Good for photography and videos.
- Can have issues with the magnetic clamp system.
- Can have issues with the rubber case around the edges of some phones like iphone 12 max.
- Requires a lot of permissions to operate.
11) Zhiyun Smooth Q-2
It comes in a dimension of 420 x 102 x 204 mm with a weight of 450g. It has a depth of 14 cm. It is made out of aluminum and comes in standard black color. It has a pan range of 360°, tilt of 305° and 265° roll range rotation with a battery capacity of 4500 mAH that lasts up to 16 hours. It has a smartphone attachment of 5.5 to 8.6 cm and comes with a Type C USB port. It also has features as timelapse mode, zoom, panoramic mode, and face recognition.
- Works well with both Android and iOS.
- Impressive battery running time.
- Does not fit with every smartphone. Eg: iPhone X.
- Needs more firmware upgrade.
I would also request, users, to have a look at the Zhiyun Smooth X, which one of the best 2-axis smartphone gimbals under 5000.
So these were the best smartphone gimbals, that you can consider buying. Amongst these, the Zhiyun Smooth 4 and the DJI Osmo Mobile 4 are the best choices, according to our analysis. Do comment below, if you have any other suggestions, on any other Best Smartphone Gimbals
I didn’t even know what a gimbal is till I read your article.
That’s Great, now you know about it.