While there be launch games for both PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S, the lineup remains to be fairly paltry. That being stated, launch games, backward compatibility, and entertainment apps work together to make it possible for new console owners to have one thing to enjoy, and that includes apps like Apple TV being accessible on launch day on the PS5.
Sony’s Head of Global Partner Development and Relations Phil Rosenberg took to the official PlayStation Blog to discuss which entertainment apps could be out there on launch day. In addition to the below apps, he additionally confirmed that Amazon Prime Video, MyCanal, Peacock, Hulu, and others could be joining the lineup at a different date:
- Enjoy Apple TV+, Apple TV channels, new and popular movies, and personalized curated recommendations on the Apple TV app. That means customers can enjoy Apple Originals like Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet, Ted Lasso, and The Morning Show via Apple TV+ subscribe to premium channels and purchase or lease movies and TV shows and access past purchases from Apple. The Apple TV app will also be accessible on PS4.
- The dedicated home for movies, shows, shorts, and originals from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. From authentic series like The Mandalorian to fan favorites like The Simpsons, you’ll be able to watch your favorite stories right out of your PS5 console.
- Catch up on prime entertainment hits such as Stranger Things, The Haunting of Bly Manor, and more. With hundreds of TV episodes and flicks in Netflix’s library, there’s a lot to select from.
- Listen when you play. Just as with PS4, users can play their favorite songs as background music in-game with Spotify. You can select from more than 60 million songs when you’re battling bosses or roaming through an open-world adventure.
- With a deeply integrated Twitch experience on PS5, now you can watch or Livestream your favorite gameplay and chat live about the best moments with fellow players all through the many diverse and dynamic communities.
- Also built-in with PS5, you’ll be able to broadcast and share your epic gameplay moments on to your YouTube channel, or sit back and watch new and trending content shared from all over the world.
With the Media Space characteristic within the PS5 UI, customers will not obtain any of those apps, they are going to already be accessible within the Media Space. This makes it simple to swap between gaming and watching and the rest of PS5 owners need to do.
PlayStation 5 arrives on November 12. Are you excited for more than just gaming on the PS5? Comment Below!