VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. It gives you online privacy in the public internet arena by creating a private network from a public internet connection. You don’t want others to know that you are accessing their site? VPN is the solution. It can be used in combination with proxy servers and overlay networks. VPNs usually encrypt our internet traffic and disguise our online identity.
The advantages of VPN are:
- Your identity remains a secret
- No data stealing is possible
- You can access websites or applications that are banned at your country
There are a lot of VPN to choose from but one must be careful with your decision. Here is an overview of the top VPNs for your android device or for your desktop to use.
Table of Contents
A VPN that is compatible with android devices. If you are looking for a VPN that has a user-friendly interface, then this is the best one for you. This will maintain your secrecy. This application doesn’t track, collect or share your data. You can be safe and not be worried about unnecessary threats of data sharing.
- It has 5700 servers in more than 60 countries
- It gives a feature of double VPN
- Has 24×7 product support
- It doesn’t keep the activity log online
- One can have safe access while connecting to public wifi
- Slower connection
- Some servers are not secured.
2) Express VPN
This will protect you against three-letter agencies and scammers. Your internet surfing is secured from them. If you are more into social media and music, then this VPN will help. One of the best features of it is that these programs never log IP addresses, browsing history, DNS queries, or traffic destination.
- Servers present in 160 locations and 94 countries
- Connection available to VPN without any bandwidth limitation
- Provides leak proofing and encryption
- Hides IP addresses smoothly
- Assistance available 24×7
- Hidden sites can be accessed by paying in bitcoins
- Mobile data can be secure via AES 256 bit encryption
- Supports more than 12 language
- The cost to access hidden sites is pretty steep
3) Open VPN
OpenVPN gives you a client-server model and helps you to establish a channel between the VPN client and the VPN server. It also uses its own custom protocol based on TSL and SSL. This VPN is popular among the users because it’s a secure network and is an open-source one. We need a VPN that has all the benefits of private networking and OpenVpn gives us just that.
- Very secure in nature
- Runs on almost all platforms
- Good firewall capability
- Perfect forward security is maintained
- Free software that is compatible to windows, linux or mac
- Requires additional software clients
- Manual configuration is complex
- The servers are limited in number
4) Hotspot Shield
This software provides fast and steady accessibility. One can host streaming parties or torrents all day using this. This comes with a very easy setup and can be used even by newbies. It has been tested and verified that applications like youtube, Netflix, Hotstar, and various other such sites could be accessed with ease. There’s also P2P support on every single server. This helps the user in heavy streaming and various other activities.
- The fastest VPN available
- Apps are free IP, DNS, and WebRTC leaks
- The paid version allows one to use US Netflix and various other heavy streaming applications
- Has server network in over 82 countries
- Has a user-friendly interface
- No firefox added
- Its free version shares information with the advertisers
5) Tunnel Bear
A very good option with cute graphics. If you are looking for VPN software that is free, then this is the perfect one for you. But there are paid and free options to choose from in the software. But nevertheless, you are able to access the sites without much difficulty in its free version. Its free version gives you access to all the premium sites that you need to surf. Now it doesn’t need us to mention our first name to access the software. It can now be accessed without much hassle. An application one must try.
- Free service available
- Easy setup
- Very nice design
- Multiple devices can access this at one time
- Wide channel of network available
- Zero log experienced
- Block options are present
- Comes with only 500MB of data each month
- Has a paid version that has additional features not present in the free version
In today’s world where everything is about data, we must try our best to protect ourselves from data sharing. Using VPN helps us to maintain our general security and also helps us to keep our identity hidden. This will help our devices, be it phone or desktop to be kept in check from prying eyes who are always on the lookout for data. This provides a greater privacy that even a secured wifi hotspot fails to provide. If one has a question about its safety, then no need to worry at all. Using VPN, our online transactions are safer too. There is no need to worry for us when we use VPN.
There are a lot of options to choose from. Some are compatible with windows while some are compatible with android phones. Some are paid and some can be used for free. Choose wisely which are compatible with your device.
VPNs can be used for both windows, linus or mac in our respective desktop or it can be used in your phone too.
VPNs are 100% safe and secure. By installing a VPN you can be rest assured about data security such that online transactions are much safer in VPN than when we use normal data or secure wifi hotspot.
In order to choose the correct VPN compatible with your needs and device check the conditions like privacy and logging, security, cross platform, speed, server coverage and tech support. You can even have free trial of some VPN before selecting them for your device.