With all the Make in India craze going on right now, and the Boycott China campaign on the rise, LAVA Mobiles have created a lovely opportunity for young smartphone enthusiasts, wherein you can submit your own smartphone Design and get a chance to Win a Job at Lava Mobile.
This competiton is called the LAVA Design in India Contest.
Well without wasting further time, here I have given all the official terms and conditions you need to know for the competition straight from Lava’s Official Website.
Design In India Challenge
Description: Design a Smartphone prototype for Rural India.
- The competition is open to full-time B.Tech/B.E. /Bachelors in Design and Master in Design Program students from select institutes.
- The participating students must be from the following branches:
- Industrial Design
- Product Design
- Transportation Design
- Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automotive
- Manufacturing process and Automation Engineering
- Electronics and Communication
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Information Technology
- Fashion and Lifestyle Accessories
- Student can to participate in a team of minimum of 1 and maximum of 3 members
- Any cases of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification of the concerned team
The competition will be conducted in 3 stages post registration –
Round 1: Ideation
Eligible students, after registering for the competition will get access to a problem statement for which the teams have to submit their solution. All submissions would be evaluated by a panel consisting of senior leaders of Lava International. The top 5 teams would be shortlisted for the Idea & Prototype development round.
Round 2: Prototyping
The top 5 teams will be required to submit functional Smartphone prototypes/plan and associated sub-assemblies. During this time, the teams will build on their ideas, can seek guidance from Technical Panel of Lava International and refine their prototypes/applications.
Round 3: The Finale
The Finalist teams would present their idea and to a jury panel comprising of Lava Senior Leadership.
Prize and Incentive
- Winner team will receive a cash prize of INR 50,000, a Lava goody bag and a Pre Placement Interview for Design Engineer profile at Lava.
- 1st Runner Up team will receive a cash prize of INR 25,000, a Lava goody bag and a Pre Placement Interview for Design Engineer profile at Lava.
- 2nd Runner Up team will receive a cash prize of INR 15,000, a Lava goody bag and a Pre Placement Interview for Design Engineer profile at Lava.
- All finalist teams would receive an appreciation certificate from Lava International Limited.
- All participants would receive a participation certificate from Lava International Limited.
List of Colleges Eligible for Participation
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
- IIT Madras
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Dhanbad
- IIT Varanasi
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Gandhinagar
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Patna
- IIT Ropar
- IIT Indore
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Pallakad
- IIT Tirupati
- IIT Bhilai
- IIT Dharwad
- IIT Goa
- IIT Jammu
National Institute of Technology (NIT)
- NIT Patna
- NIT Raipur
- NIT Warangal
- NIT Bhopal
- NIT Durgapur
- NIT Jamshedpur
- NIT Nagpur
- NIT Karnataka (Suratkhal)
- NIT Srinagar
- NIT Allahabad
- NIT Calicut
- NIT Rourkela
- NIT Surat
- NIT Jaipur
- NIT Kurukshetra
- NIT Trichy
- NIT Agartala
- NIT Hamirpur
- NIT Jalandhar
- NIT Arunachal Pradesh
- NIT Delhi
- BITS Pilani, Rajasthan
- BITS Mesra
- IIIT Gwalior
- IIIT Jabalpur
- IIIT Allahabad
- IIIT Hyderabad
- Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology, New Delhi
- Delhi Technological University, New Delhi
- NIFT Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bhopal, Gandhi Nagar
- NID Ahemdabad, Gandhinagar, Bengaluru
Timelines for Contest:
- Launch Date: July 2, 2020
- Last Date for Registration: July 9, 2020
- Commencement of Round 1: July 10, 2020
- Last Date for Round 1 submission: July 31, 2020
- Results of Round 1: Results 4 Aug
- Round 2: Aug 5, 2020 – Aug 25, 2020
- Final Presentation: Aug 26, 2020
- Announcement of Winners: Aug 27, 28 2020
Go ahead and participate, and share this with your enthusiastic friends, who are willing to participate.